Monday, August 4, 2008

A.D.D.

To start this blog off, I played 2000 hands in July and finished down 3BI. I played solidly over this small sample size but that bitch variance got me in the bum, especially over the final 500 hands. Ran KK in AA, set over set, and lost a 3:1 and 9:1 to take away any profit that I had. Bankroll is back down to $675, which sucks, but I'm still properly rolled for 25NL.

I can blame not playing at all due to the family stuff that's been going on the last month or so, but that's only a partial culprit. The other is that whenever I seem to get my roll up to a respectable amount, say $850, it seems to collapse right back to where I am now. It's been a yo-yo and I'm scared to play as the swings definitely hurt the confidence in my play, especially when I make a sizable mistake. To get over this I need to be sweated a lot more from the nothing that I've had at 25NL, which has been my own fault I haven't been around. Of course I also need to put in a nice sized amount hands this month to get back into the swing of things.

On other news, I have been really frustrated lately with my workout routine and my lack of motivation to do it. It feels like I've just been going through the motions and although that is better than nothing, I'm not realizing my true potential by simply going through the motions. Today I started a new 6-week routine that I got from a workout book that I've had forever. It's in two week segments and each segment becomes a bigger challenge, building off the last segment. I'll be recording the weight I'm using daily and I hope that by having a visual to focus it will allow me to push myself and beat my last workout's weight for example. Here's the first two week segment I'll be doing:

Day 1
Modified Compound Superset #1
Back-dumbbell rows 3 set of 12-15
rest 90seconds
Chest-Incline dumbbell press 3 set of 12-15
rest 90 seconds

Modified Compound Superset #2
Back-dumbbell pullovers 3/12-15
Chest-Chest dips 3/12-15

Modified Compound Superset #3
Back-Wide grip pull-ups 3/12-15
Chest-Incline dumbbell flys 3/12-15

Modified Compound Superset #4
Shoulders-Bent over lateral raises 3/12-15
Calves-Seated calf raises 3/15-25

Day 2
Bicep-dumbbell curls
Triceps-lying dumbbell extensions

Biceps-Concentration curls
Triceps-kickbacks

Biceps-reverse curls
Triceps-dips

Shoulders- shoulder press
Shoulders-upright rows

Day 3
Thighs-barbell squats
Hamstrings-dumbbell lunges

Thighs-leg extensions
Hamstrings-stiff-legged deadlifts

Thighs-leg press
Hamstrings-leg curls

Calves-calf press 3/15-25
Calves- standing one-legged calf raises 3/15-25

S
o you get the idea that each group of two is a superset where you take a break between each one and then as the weeks progress, the reps go down, weight goes up, and breaks go down to eventually none. This will keep my body from adapting and constantly keep it challenged and thus, build more muscle. Oh and this 3 day set is done twice a week so i think my break will be Thursday most likely.

I haven't weighed myself lately but I'm assuming I'm still around 145-150lbs and that's fine, but I've been in that area since January. Since I've never done legs before in my life, my legs can do nothing but gain mass so especially in the first couple months I think I can gain anywhere from 4-6lbs just from the legs alone. I'll weigh myself tomorrow when I workout but my goal for this first 6 week segment is to add between 3-5lbs, which is a challenge for me as I can't really add anything but lean mass to my body as fat doesn't seem to like me lol.

This has been a long blog but it was needed yo. I'm looking forward to these new challenges in addition to my business challenges and will look to update this soon with my progress.

1 comment:

robmaceachern said...

This sounds good dude. We need to get refocused and pumped up again (although I do think we should be proud about actually making it out to the gym even when we're dead).