Friday, June 13, 2008

Ten days left...

So with the 23rd of June coming up fast, it's time to update my progress once again. My goal is 25k hands by said date and I'm almost halfway there so I'll definitely be pressed for time, however, I've played over 10k hands in about 7 days...most I've ever done. Last night I played the most hands I've ever done in one session, playing just over 2300 hands. It was a late night lol. I finished up about a BI and paid over $50 in rake...crazy yo, but nice knowing I'll be getting some back. I noticed that PT undervalues rake compared to my rake site as PT shows I've only paid about $150 compared to $230 on the rake site. Not going to complain obviously as this month alone I've earned 3BI in the first 10k hands which I'll cash out at the end of the month. Quite a compact paragraph of thoughts here so I'll just go right to interesting hands from last night.

Hand 1
Don't usually post coolers but this was ridiculous lol. I probably would have folded had there not been a cold call by the random guy to my right. I hit gin on the flop and get it in as a 3:1 favourite...and he sucks out. Ah well, like 2 hands later I get AA and 3bet him pre with 88. flop is xxJ and he shoves over me and I happily call and get my money back from him.

Hand 2
Was not happy with my play here. I played it fine up to the turn and then that's where I should have slowed down but instead got in. Now against a guy who is playing 36/20 over 200 hands I think I'll be seeing a lot of weaker aces, but then why not just call here so you're not folding hands I beat. However if I called on the turn, there wouldn't be much left behind so I'd probably be committed on the river. Tough hand as i think I'm good here a lot...but he showed strength and my hand is so easily dominated.

Hand 3
This hand hurt, I think the only thing I didn't like about my play here was bet sizing, but I think betting any stronger I would lose a lot of hands that I beat. When the 4th straight card on the river hits, I think it definitely hits his range...but he SNAP called flop and turn, making me believe he had a pair of tens with a random kicker as he calls everything. His shove on the river is pretty easy to call as it's only $6 50 more, but it hurt when I saw he didn't even have the A...ugh.

So those were the major losers of the night, nothing too horrible but I probably could have saved a BI in mistakes..but again not bad over 2300+ hands.

10 623/25 000 hands.
aka around 1400 hands/day until the 23rd

No comments: