Monday, June 16, 2008

8 Days left...

So as the numbers of days dwindling down to my deadline of hitting 25k hands before the 23rd of June, I'm actually slightly ahead of schedule believe it or not. Played 1400 hands, with a nice 2BI win, last night to bring to just over 14k hands for the month, which means 11k to go over the next 8 days.

I can't say that I've been running "hot" as of late, but I've been beating 25NL over the past 8k-9k hands at about 4.5BB/100 hands, which has been great considering my breakeven performance up to this point. With my solid winning rate, I have managed to get on a current upswing of 8BI and erase my 5BI deficit and lock in a 3BI win so far for the month. Looking back, I definitely regret not being able to control my emotions and getting into sticky situations early on in the month as I would have been up a respectable amount at this point otherwise. Oh well, it's funny that I'm only halfway done the month in both days and hands, I think I should be able to hit 30k for the month, which I think is absolutely crazy and would have never thought possible.

Helping this out of course is the fact that I am now a 6-tabling regular and can play around 550-600 hands an hour and have hit over 2000 hands in a day three times in the last week. I have also found that 6-tabling reduces the volatility of a session as I may be down on one or two tables...but on the other four or five tables I'm breakeven or up. Helps with the tilt management and the constant attention I have to pay to each table reduces the chance of me getting 3bet a lot, which I used to take personally lol.

Not going to post any hands today as there have only been a couple of note in the last few thousands hands that I will post in a later blog, but I will detail my plan to finish the last 11k hands in. I've noticed that I really can't follow a set time schedule for playing poker as it is just too player dependent based on how I am feeling at the time (tired, pissed, bored, etc) and the quality (or lack thereof) of tables so here is just a lose breakdown by day:

Monday: 1 000hands
Tuesday 2 500hands
Wednesday: 2000hands
Thursday: 2000hands
Friday: 1500hands
Saturday: potentially going the lake...
Sunday: 1500hands when I get back
Monday:1000+hands

Expected hands by June 23rd:25 500hands?

Easily a reachable goal and the rake over the next 12k hands roughly should be close to about 3-4BI on top of the 4BI of rake I already have.

Hands to date: 14 145/25 000

1 comment:

jethro said...

Attaboy macky I'm proud of you. 4.5ptbb/100 while 6 tabling is pretty sweet like 4 months into your poker career. On your last blog with the AJ i don't mind a check behind on the turn for pot control and betting the river, although if you think he calls with a ton of crap the bet is fine on the turn. GL with the rest of the month yo.