Wednesday, June 4, 2008

'Tis the beginning of June

So May ended up being a pretty rough for me as I just couldn't get anything going and whenever I did get any kind of run, it would fall apart shortly after. Stopped playing around the 27th as I was on a 6BI downswing with about 2BI due to bad play and the rest I just couldn't get anyone to bite at my big hands. I ended up playing only 16k hands and finishing down 1BI for the month, which really isn't that bad I guess, definitely could have been worse.

Obviously didn't meet any of my goals lol but I guess it happens and I'm looking forward to June where I can hopefully get back on track, especially with so much time on my hands now that I'm done working until the 23rd. On that note, a prop bet has been created with my bud JB (with the consequence to be decided soon) for the number of hands I should play up until the 23rd. He suggested 30k, which I thought was a little excessive, and I brought up the number 20k and we ended up settling on 25k hands by June 23rd. I'm pretty nervous and not sure if I can make it...but that's what prop bets are for, to push you into doing things you might never have thought possible. With 19 days to go, it's going to be tight, however here is my schedule to get'er done:

Weekdays
4 00pm-5 30pm
8 00pm-whenever I stop playing my A game.

Saturday
Never really know what's going on Saturday and frankly I have never played during the day on Satuday so it'll be interesting to see what the tables are like. Either way, I hope to get 2-3 hours in.

Sunday
Other than working out, running, and the odd family dinner, it is usually a quiet day and obviously everyone plays poker on Sundays so I might try to get an hour or two in the afternoon and then another couple in the evening.

I need to average about 1300 hands/day to reach this goal lol, which is more than I usually ever play but I can do it! I'll probably miss a few days over this period due to some random time constraints so they'll have to be made up on other days, which is fine I think if I just spread the sessions out and take steady breaks.

Poker and improving my conditioning are my primary goals this month so because drinking usually dulls my mind and body the next day, I am abstaining from major drinking this month in order to reach my desired goals. This isn't a horrible thing I guess, just means those average girls won't look so great anymore. ZING. Anyways, not much else to say other than that I'm pumped to get back into poker after a short break and look forward to hitting my 25k goal. I'll be looking to post every 2-3 days to monitor my progression so far and to report on any interesting hands.

S
356/25 000 hands

No comments: